Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let's Run

I slept late last night. My adrenalin is still fully awake due to two hours of jog and walking. I'm doing this in preparation of the coming marathon that me and my friends are planning to be part of.

I'm not yet registered unlike my other friends who requested one of their officemates/friends to register for them. I'll try to visit Adidas booth at "The Gardens" near MidValley Megamall to register this weekend.

I'm so excited since this will be my first time to join such activity. I tried to timed my self using my cellphone timer and check how many minutes it would take for me to reach the end of the nearest Park in our Place. It feels great and its a good motivation that you are doing this kind of thing because of a certain goal.

Oh and I received a call from a friend from Philippines who is here now in "The City of Lights" asking for direction on how to reach his hotel while were on the midst of our cardio-training. He is still not familiar in the country though he's been here for a couple of times.

We also discovered a track and field inside MMU. Its a best place to practice and timed our speed. I think the oval is about 400 meters long so it will take us 27 to 28 rounds to complete the 11Km mark that were planned to join in. I tried to run to check my time and finish the whole oval for a minute and 40 seconds. If my calculation is right, I could finish 11km in roughly 40 minutes! Inside the qualifying time of 50minutes.. that is if I can maintain the same speed from the start to finish.. yay!

For those people around the City and who wants to be part of this activity please check below link for more info: Shah Alam King of the Road

Happy Running :D

No comments: