Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fourth Year

I almost forgot. It's been four years since I decided to leave my country and seek for an imported bread and butter from other land. Never I thought that I can survived living alone in a foreign land with minimum knowledge about the people norms and its culture. Leaving behind my family who raised and always there beside me for more than 20 years... Is it worth it?

I have to admit, before I thought that it will just as easy as solving 1 plus 1. I thought leaving is the answer to some problem for middle class family like us.. financially or not. I have a great respect to all OFW. My tatay is once an OFW in Middle East.

But I proved that its not easy... mentally and emotionally. You will gain many enemies in the form of loneliness, culture clash, competition, mga pasaway mong kababayan (countrymen) and even your self.

There are lots of question running in my mind now. Did I achieved my objective why I'm here? Did I provide good lives for my love ones? Did I became the person I dreamed before? and many many more. Surely, some of my plans are achieved but there are things that was left behind....

No comments: