Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol Top 36 - Group 3

Oh yeah, so last night is the Idols' comeback..really!.. group 3 ruled!

The night performances is what We been waiting for.... or I. There are lots of decent performances.. good voices. I'm somewhat feel I am watching the final 12 performances. Almost all of the contestant sang their heart out, perform their very best and should go through the top 12 spots. Sad to say, as what we know, only 3 of the best or should I say, highest text/call votes getter will advance... how sad.

I remember, having a conversation with my friends before watching the show last night. They told me that they were beginning to feel bore about the show due to it's two consecutive bad episodes. Some of their early favorites are among the first two and they are assuming that contestant from group three are only "pulps of the crops". Well its just prove us all wrong after watching the show.. Who can ever think that those people who the show producers' pimp so hard and show every single episode of the show are those who will fail.. And those who they don't think will bring them tons of dollars are very good... It's hard to expect too much you know.. Yay!

Here are the list of performances last night from great to good(hahaha)..

____

Lil Rounds - Well, the judges are right when they told before that she sounds like Fantasia and Latoya London before.. She has a great vocals.. love her performance of "Be With You" by Mary J. Blige. She really works on it.. add some extra lyric which is good for her. Bet she will advance on the final 12. "The best that we found this season" - as per the judges.. - I agree!

____

Jorge Nuñez - sang one of my Elton John's favorite songs, "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me". Great performance from our Puerto Rican.. Nice dictions.. nice chops.. nice interpretation. I don't mind if he had some dictions issue.. its Kara's problem.. yey! Very deserving to be on top 12. One of the hard working contestant I think. He works on his English dictions as confirmed by Paula Abdul. Yeah I noticed it on the Hollywood rounds.

Oh before I forgot, I think they slashing Kara down... hahaha. Sorry girl, Judges table is too crowded for 4 people.. diction problem? bah!

____

Felicia Barton - I'm so happy to watch Felicia Barton performing on Idol. From her rejection to her come back! She sang "No One" by Alicia Keys. How dare them not to include this girl to the orginal top 36. "It's not just hitting those high notes" as per Kara ... bulls#*t!

Not chosen over their favorite Joanna Pacitti (who again?) who forgot most of the lyrics to all her performances? It's a big mistake.. Hope America, votes for Felicia.. but due to likability, exposure and pimping issues, she have a little chance.. but still I'm hoping...

____

Ju'not Joyner - sang "Hey Delilah" by Plain White Ts. Very nice tone.. you can feel his feelings while he is singing the song. He performed the same song on Hollywood week but this time he change some melody... great great performance.. nice falsetto! Hope he be the first black male to make it in the top 12 this season.

____

Scott MacIntyre - I just thought that he doesn't pull off on that performance. Technically his vocal is great but the song "Mandolin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby is not the best song for him. Some ballad songs will be best suited for him and not this one. Anyway, I still like him.

He will surely advance on the final 12 due to a load-full advertisement given by all the judges. He will surely be given his glorious moment once he sing while playing piano.. that's for sure.

____

Von Smith - well he cool down a little bit on his performance. I love "You're All I Need To Get By" by Marvin Gale. I love motown songs you know. hahaha.

Anyway, he do some justice on the song.. some bad low notes I think but everything is fine.. yeah just fine. Surely not a pick for the top 12... for now.. but I'm pretty sure he will be back for the Wildcard round.

____

Kendall Beard - sang "This One's For The Girls" by Martina McBride. Love.. love her.. I like her country tone.. I'm a bit country songs fan coz I much prefer a contemporary one. Anyway I think she is cute and sweet :D. Though there are some notes issue on her performance, I think she still better than other people in previous groups..

____

Kristen McNamara - sang "Give Me One Reason" by Trace Chapman. She change the way she dress herself. She removed that purple hair color...and yeah, She looks good :). Nice song choice for her I think though I much prefer Jordin Sparks' rendition.

____

Nate Marshall - nice to see this kid so happy to be at the stage.. being who he was. He sang "I Would Do Anything For Love" by Meatloaf. I like the song when I was a kid. hahaha

Anyway he seems to be so comfortable doing his performance.. In funny side... I was just little bit shock that he turns to be a "Diva" in some part of the performance... I thought I been watching a Ballet dance in some part of it... anyway.. he is cool :D.

____

Taylor Vaifanua - sang Alicia Key's "If I Ain't Got You". Nothing special with the her performance. She is one of my early favorite but because of some good performances last night, she doesn't stand out. I'm just worrying about her stage presence... she seems to move a lot... well atleast at her age, she had this kind of experience.

____

Alex Wagner-Trugman - my dork! He sang "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blue" by Elthon John. The song is unfamiliar for me but I guess its a good song. He still do his thing on the stage turning himself into a different person while singing. He got a different tone though. He is good for sure but the song is not best choice for him...

____

Arianna Afsar - sang "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA. I feel so sad after her performance :(. The worst of the night. Sorry, I love her, one of my early favorite. But the arrangement is bad that it becomes awkward and painful to listen. Her voice is not suited for this kind of song.. Well anyway, I'm glad to know her :).

So there it is.. the best night of season 8...

I'm quite sure Lil Rounds and Scott McIntyre will proceed to the next round... For Lil, base on her strong performance and for Scott for the pimping and endorsement cames from the judges.. for the next spot, I am torn between, Felicia Barton, Jorge Nuñez and Ju'not Joyner. I would like to see more of Felicia but it would be unfair for Jorge and/or Ju'not not to be in since they gave a very decent performances... very decent which is enough for a spot in the final 12...

Well it's the viewers choice... so let's see what happen.

No comments: