Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol 8 Top 11 - Performance

It is Country Night on AI and they performed songs from The Grand Ole Opry!

I personally don't know anything about this. All I know is about the "Country Music"... well I don't want to use me not being a citizen of a country where this genre was better known. But in the planet where I came from, we have almost the same song styles popularized by our own veterans.. but I can only provide one name which I now pictured on my mind... Mike Hanopol - Yahoo!

Anyway I really enjoyed most of the performances... I'm still staying to favor all my early favorites from the show.

Below are the list of performances last night in order from my favorites to least one...

____

Matt Giraud - Sings "So Small". I recognized the song as one of Carrie Underwood's. Not one of my favorites, but wow, after hearing Matt performance.. I started to be crazy about it. I love the song now.. if Matt will re-record it..I'll definitely but it. The soulful blend of his voice to the song is really fantastic! There are some pitch problem on high notes, yeah, but it was been ignored by his outstanding hearth felt performance. He is very connected to the lyric and the way he deliver the message is flawless (well for me). He plays the piano again..

I'm really happy that all the Judges are happy about his performance. Simon compared him to Michael Bublé (Bubble as per Ms. Mega) and says "You outsang Danny". Bravo!

____

Kris Allen - sings "To Make You Feel My Love". A very good song choice for him.. He is really a balladeer. He change up and not play with his guitar on last night performance.. a very good move for him. Very heart felt. Very good. I even told my friends that if he sing it in front of a girl he will definitely got a speed "Yes and I do!". Very deserving to be one of the top singer of the night. The judges are loving him more and more... Kara(who?) says "It was very Kris". Hahaha...

____

Megan Joy Corkrey - sings "Walking After Midnight" - She is sick :( but she still sound unique. Her performance if beautiful just like her. I heard this song before sang by Kellie Pickler from AI5. I love Kellie's rendition before but love Megan's even more. Definitely a good song choice for her. It sounds a bit the same from the original song I would say since her chops is not stressed much. Maybe because of her flu....

The judges are very impressed with the performance. Simon says "You are better this week than last week". Well good job Meagan - get well soon.

____

Anoop Desai - sings "You Were Always On My Mind". My tatay really love this song. I am not aware that this is a country music... oh well.

I'm just a bit unconvinced on truthfulness of his heartfelt performance.. I found the other part of his song serious and the other sweet. I like his falsetto though. I was on the edge of my sit waiting if he can pull through on the obvious part where he will use it, but yeah.. he made it. He really wants to show that he can sing. And said he change his singing style due to last week criticism from Mr. Cow-ell. Randy says, "This is the reason we really wanted you in this competiton". Tito Obet will definitely be happy about this hahaha..

____

Lil Rounds - Sings "Independence Day". She was pretty on her new look. She admitted that she is not familiar with the country music and try to hold back a bit and not to do her usual R&B sound. The performance is a bit safe I think and the verses is quite long. I agree with the Paula when she address her concern in using one verse rather than 2 verses in the song. All in all performance is really a plain one. Simon calls her "Little" instead of Lil and was arguing that it is the same.. wahhhh.. Randy says "It was ambitious", a double meaning for me.. But I think it is a good comment for her.

____

Danny Gokey - Sings "Jesus, Take The Wheel". A favorite from Carrie Underwood. The first half of the songs is boring and flat.. the fire just started when he begins to pull out and sang the high notes on the chorus. A weak performance for me... really not good for a person whose been receiving lots of praise, pimping and endorsement from all the judges. I feel they are still lifting him and not giving him the right harsh critic on his performance.. Well... he was their "pet".

____

Scott McIntyre - Sings "Wild Angels". He is really a contemporary singer. I'm not sure if its okay for me to be sad about the performance. I was sure his performance in Michael Jacskon's and Country Song night sounds the same. This only shows that he only fit to a one type of music... his voice sounds good technically but not versatile enough to try and experiment to different musics. But still his performance topped the other who are listed the least. Paula commented, "The piano maybe a bit of a crutch now" which I agree.. He must do and present something new... a performance without a piano...

____

Adam Lambert - sings "Ring Of Fire". One of the bad performance of the night for me.. Really hate the arrangement. Hate his expression.. hate his seduction.. hate his.. his... wahh I hate it. I'm still not jumping and cry out for his vocal capability. Unlike Kara(who?) who says, "That's interesting.. a bit strange, but I kinda like it". ei! I agree more to Simon who says, "Horrific!" even the young girl in our place told us that she was scared with Adam.. hahaha..

____

Allison Iraheta - sings "Blame It On Your Heart". I want to like the performance but I cant.. I still love her though. Still like her husky voice.. I thought the performance and the song is good for her but theres a bit split of being a rock and a country sound in there.. a far good one from last week performance I think. Judges still like her and encourage to pick songs and put her own into it... Might be booted off in the elimination night.. but.. votes still counts!

____

Alexis Grace - sings " Jolene". Hmmm very very bad song choice for me.. I can't stop my self comparing her to last season contestant who sang the same song.. Brooke. I much prefer Brook's rendition of the song.. I felt like Alexis is struggling to meet the notes.. I don't know.. Judges loves her before.. she is in danger to leave and be eliminated.. I still cross my finger and pray "Pls not her". She really got a big edge and big talent.. I hope America see it.

____

Michael Sarver - sings "Ain’t Goin’ Down Till The Sun Comes Up" - tongue twister? The weakest on my list. He might sounds country when he talk but I think this kind of songs is not fit for him. He got a big and soulful voice so he needs to concentrate on that. I mean, he can pick a song and arrange it to what he thinks can benefit his voice. He is my pick for bottom 2 or 3.

____

So there, some of the people are expecting to have a big drama on elimination night. A shocker on 2nd week of final? Might a good one. Anyway, it will be between Alexis and Adam for a shock elimination then the Judges will force to use their "Veto". What a lovely episode.. hahaha.

But no, I will still stick on my pick that Michael Sarver will going home and the Judge will not save him since they want to reserve it for Adam and Danny... agree?

No comments: