Thursday, April 16, 2009

American Idol 8 Top 7 - Performance (Movie)

Back to the crazy world!

Last week, after I return from the other planet, the first thing I do is checked the AI site to see who was been eliminated. There I found Scott McIntyre, being the casualty of the last elimination night. Anyway, one of the highlights of last week performance I learn is the Adam-Simon "What-a-great-performance-Ovation", which is way too cool. This, I think, is the first time Simon give a Standing-O to a contestant...agree?

This week theme are songs from the Movies...will Anoop Desai sing the theme song from "Slumdog Millionaire"? Who knew? It might be happen. I haven't visited MJ Blog to check for the spoiler so I haven't had any Idea about the Idols song choices. But what ever song it is... I will never stop to comment hahaha.

Seven Idols left and most of my early favorites were been eliminated one by one. Kris, Matt and Allison are the only people I really love to watch. Danny Gokey made me confuse all the time... I really love his voice but I have a slight likability issue with him... I don't know. Anoop is in the middle of my list though my friends keep on supporting him. And there the "Golden" Adam Lambert, whom I really can't understand the drama he is doing...

____

Now, below are the performances which I list down from my favorite to least...

Allison Iraheta - sings "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" from the movie Armageddon. I love the song choice. One of her best performances. This song is really difficult to sing. I even tried to sing this song but failed. hehehe. She really is one of the top contender this year. The uniqueness of her voice adds the spice on the song which make me more love it. Simon says, "You are the girls only hope left in this competition right now... we could see you all the way through to the end", I really agree!

____

Danny Gokey - sings "Endless Love". I'm sure I heard lots of bad notes on his performance but I still put him on my top spot. I feel him... He got a lot of inspiration while singing the song... I bet his thinking about his wife (RIP). He really convince me about his emotion. He sings accompanied by a Harp, though I barely heard the music from the instrument. Simon says he is disappointed about the performance, while Paula loving it... well :)

*** Noticed on last night episode that only two judges commented each time a contestant done their performances... I think they did this set up to save time... hahaha.. why not they remove Kara on that panel? ***

____

Kris Allen - sings "Falling Slowly". Not familiar with the song choice and the movie it came from. I wasn't sure if every one will love the performance.. other side of my mind told me to like it and the other not. So I'm a bit confused. I will still give him points on vocal which I think keeps on getting stronger. He really grows a lot in this competition. Kara likes it but Randy doesn't. He will still be safe this week I know!

____

Adam Lambert - sings "Born To Be Wild". His darker side came back! The eye liner and the black finger nails... hahaha. I'm not really fascinated on rock music like this. But he really is very interesting. He knows how to play the stage. Paula says "One of bravest contestants I ever witnessed..." while jumping out on her seat. Yeah, he is one of the bravest but horrific contestant I witnessed :) peace!

____

Matt Giraud - sings "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman" by Brian Adams from the movie "Don Juan". What a coincidence that were discussing this song with one of my friends earlier... I like Brian Adam and I like the song too.

I think Matt is still on experimenting stage. For the past few weeks he seems to try if he is versatile enough to pull a different kind of songs.. I really like his soul voice and he brings back it on this performance. He failed to hit those high notes and even failed to keep on the melody especially on the bridge part of the song. I still like the performance but not static enough to feel that he will be safe this week. He's been a very consistent low vote getter a few weeks ago and I'm afraid that this will be his last performance on Idol :(.

____

Anoop Desai - sings another Bryan Adam's song, "Everything I Do" from "Robin Hood". He is staying on being a balladeer in the show now. Good for him. He hit the first note badly, I think. I love to like the song but I feel lost on some part of his performance. Emotion is very important to me in judging if a performance is great or not and I don't feel his emotion is unique. I don't know... maybe it just me. Kara and Randy both approved and praised him.

____

Lil Rounds - sings "The Rose". She is really lost. She failed on delivering that song. Lots of pitch problem here and there. I really don't know now if she is good or not. She can hit a big not though. But her being an R&B artist is really lost... missing. Simon says "I think that you are getting this completely wrong...". And she seems to be pissed that she started to back talk. Wow! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

____

There, It's really hard to choose whose going back home tonight. But I think Lil will be the unfortunate one... hahaha.

Bottom three would be Anoop, Matt and Lil or Matt, Lil and Danny... I'm craving for another shock elimination to happen. If Lil is going to leave, I bet the judges will not save her (they hated the back talking thing... especially Simon).

There are still some possibilities that either Anoop or Matt will be leaving at this point. Anoop for being on the bottom 3 consistently and Matt for having another a so-so performance. If Anoop comes to the moment of saving his life to the judges... they will not save him even though Simon likes him. Matt on the other hand has a bit chance to be save by their "Veto". He is one of those the judges want to keep.

And for SHOCKER... my pick would be Danny... and of course he will be save!

No comments: