Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol 8 Top 5 - Performance (Rat Pack)

This is it! Only five people remains in the competition. I wasn't that crazy about the theme or maybe because its very unfamiliar to me. I do some online research about it but I'm still blur on the depth and meaning of it. Week theme is "Rat Packs".

So what is especial about this week? I think it would be a more interesting to listen familiar song in order to give right compliments to the one deserves it. I thought that all of the performances are equally good if not great. It keeps me some times to pick the one who should be on the my top and bottom list. Its very difficult to choose who are the strongest and weakest specially if you're choosing among few people. All the remaining hopefuls are good on their own ways... that is why its difficult to choose the new front runner.

In some point of the show, I end up in speculations that this is the moment where in you will witness the judges favorites among the remaining contestant. I heard some compliments which was over given and harsh criticisms from others who not deserved to received it.

How did they do? Here is my take...

____

Kris Allen - sings "The Way You Look Tonight". One of my favorite of the night. He pick a slow song and stays in tune all through out the performance. He definitely don't have a big crazy vocal which is his weakness but he knows how to interpret a good song... Very nice. He done a very good phrasing too which is his strenght. He really got it right. I just don't understand Simon who says, "I thought it was a little bit wet (???). I didn't get the feeling from you tonight that you can win this competition". Hmmm I think this is a bomb for supporters out there to save Kris to stays in the competition. Its a really waste of talent if he will be booted out this week.

____

Allison Iraheta - sings "Someone To Watch Over Me". That husky vocal of her really catch my attention now. She hits a lot of nice high notes on the song. Good phrasing and nice arrangement. No doubt, she is indeed the only hope of all girls in the competition. She is the savior. hahaha.

She grown to be one of the front runners now. Having Allison around, I think, gave this competition a lot of kick than expected. She just need to produced some performance like this to stay in the competition. Most of the judges loves the performance but not Simon who says, "I have a horrible feeling you could be in trouble tonight". Hmmm.. this could be true in this point but this might also result to some furious fans who will throw precious votes to this girl just to save her. Let see...

____

Danny Gokey - sings "Come Rain Come Shines". One of Danny's best vocal though there he is again who done an Over-The-Top performance on the latter part of the song. I just noticed that he got this monotone vocals to all of his performances. But it doens't matter, this is a great interpretation of the song. Randy says, "You are the only one I heard so far that could actually have an amble of songs like that and win…forget the connection stuff…this is a singing competition and you can sing"... Well, I think all of them can sing no?

____

Matt Giraud - sings "My Funny Valentine". Wow! I like the song, I don't know why. His vocal is a bit shaky but he got some glory high notes there. I'm still sure he doesn't master his vocal range yet. Not crazy about the phrasing which I feel akward listening with too. Simon who disagree to Randy who says "It was a little bit pitchy" says "It was the only believable, authentic song I heard tonight…I heard some Nat King Cole kind of phrasing there". Oh my! He loves Matt. He really like to save him this week. But I'm worried. The competition is already tight and Matt definitely is in trouble this week. I'm sad :(

____

Adam Lambert - sings "Feeling Good". I want to like the performance because I love the song... but I don't. I don't know... I'm not liking the arrangement either. Something is wrong out there. Add the different entrance he had on the stairs... I'm imagining him wearing a long gown...hahaha. I can't think of anything to describe his weird performance. But for sure... He gots a very crazy vocals. Paula says, "You make me feel better than good…watching you is like watching the Olympics and you are Michael Phelps". Can't forget his saliva flying when he says the first "Feeling Good". It feels good indeed :D

____

Talented people remains, but for all we know, one of them will be leaving on the elimination night. My worst fear comes... Matt is the obvious pick to leave tomorrow night. He is been consistent on being the lowest vote getter on the past weeks and was just save by the judges using their "Veto". Allison on her sea-saw stands on the competition might be, indeed, in trouble as what Simon says, if no one still supports her.

I'm still craving for a shock elimination... and that will be between Danny and Adam. Though I might be more happy if it will be Danny :)

No comments: