Wednesday, February 11, 2009

American Idol

American Idol season na naman.. hehehe. I have one more reason to go back home early every Wednesday and Thursday. Before, Amazing Race Asia and Amazing Race (US), ngayon ito naman. :D

Ewan ko ba basta super hilig ko sa mga reality shows.. lalo na pag mga singing competition :D I'm a frustrated singer and a self claimed good one.

Anyway in the early stage of competition, I already picked some of my favorites. They are said to be included on Top 36 based on information I got from some top blog spoilers of the shows.


Presenting... my favorites....


Taylor Vaifanua - She was seen on Jacksonville audition singing "Joyful, joyful". I like her when she sang the song with a heartfelt melody.. They compared her to AI6 winner Jordin Sparks - oh no!

____
Stevie Wright - The girl with a smoky good voice.. I love her. The dark horse of the show(I think). Young yet confident... Love her!

____
Scott MacIntyre - My self claimed "Prodigy" he auditioned at Phoenix. Sang "So It Goes" (sama tama ang title). A blind who only can see a straw vision. Very intelligent - who graduated College at the age of 19 and gain a full scholarship in London. He is very very Talented.. I really like his braveness.. First ever blind singer in the competition (I think).

I hope he will go far in the competition, though many says that he will gain sympathy votes from the viewer.. sabi ko naman, his talent will lead him to success.

Naalala ko tuloy yung mga blind singers na nag audition sa Philippine Idol... nakaka touch ang mga boses and sincerity sa kanila.

____
Anoop Desai - "Randy, you can call me Anoop Dog!" Yay! He auditioned at Kansas City and sang "Thank you" with lots of oooooohhhh. I like him a lot and I really enjoy listing to him.. Will he be the next Sanjaya Malakar in the competition? NO! he is by far vocally capable than Sanjaya.

And because of him I watched "Slamdog Millionaire".

____
Nick Mitchell - Norman/Nick (Whatever) - He is just soooo hilarious to watch. But he got a good voice though. I like him singing "And I am telling you" with the "Balcony" and "Seacrest".

____
Kai Kalama - Lovable man and son. He's taking care of his sick mother in the morning and work in a band at night.. He has very nice control on his voice. He sang "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" as he auditioned in San Francisco.

____
Casey Carlson - My chick... shes sooo cute.. and I like the way she carry and dress herself. Sang "A Thousand Miles" in Kansas audition (syempre mas magaling parin ang White Chicks sa pagkanta nito) :)

____
Alex Wagner-Trugman - My geeky man.. I like to watch him singing specially when he sing at Hollywood group night. He really have this funny moves and I love when he twist his lips. Very geeky indeed.. he knew a country that I never heard yet.

____
Ariana Afsar - My other chick... (Cute girl is really my weakness) I love her, I love her, I love her.. Please adopt me. She sang "Put Your Records On" as she audition at Phoenix.

____
Anne Marie Boskovich - She auditioned at Jacksonville where she ask to dress up like a star. Don't know why they do that. They can save the Dress-Like-A-Star later I think. What matter is the voice... and she is really good.

____
Danny Gokey - Go Danny Go! One of the best vocalist in the competition.. I think being a Music Teacher helps him a lot technically and vocally. He lost his wife recently(don't like this, so I'll drop it). I love the spice he put on the song "Somebody To Love" in their Hollywood group night.

He auditioned at Kansas City singing "I Heard It Through The Grapevine".
____

and finally

Matt Giraud - I like him to win.. though I am torn between Gokey and him. I love his soulful voice.. When I first heard him singing "I Don't Want To Be" I remember Elliot Yamin. They have this similar aura which is very likable.

Love him more after I watched the Hollywood group night when they sang "I Want You Back" a Jackson 5 songs which is very very hard to sing.

____

So there.... I hope lots of people support my Idols.. win or not they will be always be my Idols.

No comments: