Thursday, February 19, 2009

American Idol Top 36 - Group 1

Oh well, I decided to use this blog for my AI craziness. I will try to post some personal observation and review about the show and contestant. Though not regularly, I'll try to follow the news specially on my favorites.

And for the start...

The season opening didn't quite go well.. I think 3-4 out of 12 contestant from the first group do better and justified their singing... even some of my favorites blown themselves and risk their chance to be in the Top 12... some says its' because of the nerve and stage fear that they didn't show what their early fans expected...

The front runner of last night show is still Danny Gokey who sang "Hero".. kakainis lang dahil for the nth time.. the producers shows the emotional lost of Danny due to her wife's death.. I like this guy and he is one of my favorite but unlike the 3 judges who jump on their sit and comment as if the show comes to its finale and announce the winner of the show, I personally think that he just did what is expected from him.. he sang well and thats it.. too early to predict.. pero I can see him as one of the finalist and of course a sure spot in Top 12...

____

Second to my list is Alexis Grace who sang "Never Loved A Man".

Holy cow... I can't imagine this girl nailed that song.. She is really good.. Best control and vocal, though the song is not familiar to me, I can still see that she do very well. She is simple, likable and humble.. well, that what I can see in her.. She can do well.. sure spot for top 12

____

I'm torn between Tatiana, Ricky Braddy, Anoop and Michael Sarver on the next top performer..
so I will just comment on each of them randomly..

Let start with Ricky Braddy.. this guy is never shown on any episode of the show not until last night. A glimpse of him was aired when they revealed the top 36.. so I don't have any idea on his vocal capability.. Based on his performance last night, this guy can really sing.. He sang "A Song For You" and he really got the melody of the song. I love this song since I was raised listening to Carpenters music by my parents. But I think the chance of him being in the top 12 is so little compare to other contestant due to lack of exposure.

____

Anoop Desai sang "Angel of Mine" by Monica.. I love the song, I like his performance and I think he got an Okay stage presence too... Though the song and performance is quite safe for him.. I can't say he is secured to advance on next stage.. a wild card is his only hope to stay in the show... but still I like him... one of my favorites too.

____

Michael Jeremy Saver who sang " I Don't Wanna Be" shows his other side.. a Pop side. I don't like this song for him.. he don't show his talent by singing this one.. I can't stop my self to compare him to other AI alumni who sang this song.. Like Chris Richardson and Elliot Yamin who in my opinion sang the song full of soul.. ( Still listening to Elliot AI performances every now and then). Likability will win him to a spot in Top 12 and not his performance as per Simon.. and I really agree with him.. He seams to be a very nice guy..

____

Tatiano Nicole Del Torro aka Psycho aka Drama Queen - I am really surprise on her behaviour last night. Comparing to the early shows where she seen to be so dramatic, crying a lot and misbehave (if you can call it misbehaving). A different girl stand on AI stage and reserve her back talking not until she was ask for comment. Singing a Whitney song "Saving All My Love For You" with demurring touch, hitting her high notes and making the song her own, this girl can advance to next stage of competition. That is if America will allow him and vote for her because of her voice.. She really can sing.. and that is a fact.. though she some sort of having this behavioral instability.. she really seams to be nice.. I don't know, I am now confused about her..

____

Next will be Anne Marie Boskovich who perform an Aretha's signature song "Natural Women". Her star quality on her performance doesn't shine, but she is still okay... I much prefer Ramielle Malubay sing this song.

_____

The other just have a so-so to bad performance..

Jackie Tohn who sang "A Little Less Conversation" shows her funny and performer side. Simon compares her to a Clown... Yay!

____

My girl, Casey Carlson, is the weekling on last night episode. Singing "Every Little He Does is Magic" by the Police really sacked her. From the vocal to the face expression.. I really feel sad about her :(

____

My other favorite, Stevie Wright who sang "You Belong With Me" doesn't belong to me anymore :( How sad. She tried to do songs she thinks suited on her age as advice by the judges which don't help her much. The low notes are very awful and the rhythms is really not right.. Anyway, she is still young and still have more opportunities in line..

____

And my least favorites (I'm really a biased one) are Brent Keith and Stephen Fowler singing "Hicktown" and "Rock With You". I don't have any more to say about these two. :)


No comments: