Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yuletide Preparation


It's 2 days before Christmas but still most of us here can't feel the touch of the Yuletide Celebration. Well, because for the main reason that we are in a Muslim country. It's just a good thing that they are one of those open countries which give other people to celebrate their religion's festivities freely.

So as a tradition, We plan to have a simple Noche Buena with some of my friends. And I volunteered to prepare some foods for the gathering. I have some foods I like to prepare for the occasion but I'm not really confident to give them a taste of my personal experiments. Hopefully since most of them are foods vacuums, they didn't care what will be the taste of all the viands I have in mind.

I'm planning to make a honey grilled boneless chicken breast which is simple and easy to prepare since the ingredients are easy to be found at any supermarket. A red potato salad which I will cook for the first time and spicy chicken cooked in coconut milk(which I found interesting prepared by my Indonesian friend when we have a get-together in her place).

I only have 4 hours to prepare these foods since we agreed to attend a night mass on 24th. The Church activity will start at 10pm with a Chorale singing some Christmas songs, an information from the resident priest last Sunday. I'm not sure if they are the same group who sang on Christmas eve last two years ago (they didn't held the same activity last year), but as I can remember, they sang really good. I saw lots of peeps wiping their tears (I'm one of them). It's a different feeling I had back then because that is my first year being away on my family, away to celebrate a family occasion like Christmas :(.

No comments: