Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Kick


So last Tuesday was my official day of being a member of the MMU Taekwondo Club. The thought of being one of them for the first time excites me very much that I arrived at the place 15 minutes earlier that the normal schedule.

Of course that would be a positive act but it turns out that gesture of being the earliest bird is a bad idea, well for me. Since I haven't met them yet, I don't know who to approach among the bunch of students at FCM Atrium which gave me some negative thought and feelings.

Then, I almost lost my patience and decided to head home when my instinct advice me to stay for another minute just to make sure my time wouldn't be wasted. And finally I saw them!

I met Melvin (Melvin or Malvin - I'm not so sure :D) which who stand as the assistance instructor. He is very friendly and accommodating to all of my inquiries. I'm hesitant at first when he invited me to join the session right away but then I realized that is the reason why I am there.

Stretching and jogging was the first things he ask on six of us who are present that day. It is just good to know that I'm not the only rookie present on that training which lessen my nerves. I thought that the first two task wasn't be a problem to me since I always, well no often now, do stretching. I would say that it makes me sweat a lot.

Then suddenly I haven't notice that our instructor, Lawrence, already joins us on our training who teach us the following:

Basic punching (1 count, 1-2 count and 1-3 count) Front Kicking and Side Kicking

Then the rest is a good and unforgettable experience...

No comments: