Thursday, October 30, 2008

No Holiday for October 31st

There is no and will not be having a special Holiday in Philippines this coming 31st of October for preparation of All Saints/All souls Day. This is a sad information for all peeps who will go back to their provinces to observe the day of the departed.

I bet all terminals (buses, ferries and domestic airports) will be jammed by people hurried to go back to their respective places.. tsk tsk!


(Jack-o-Lantern)

So there is, while my Country is not giving the opportunity to its people for a day off, other Country is now busy for their Halloween Party. They usually celebrate it a the night of October 31st. I think its very great doing your own scary lantern from a pumpkin. Thinking on some tricks for your "Threat-or-Tricks" and holding a huge Costume Party. It's just pitiful that I haven't experience all these things yet.

I remember when I was a grade schooler, I tried to cut and shaped my nanay's squash into a Jack-O-Lantern by following a guide from a magazine that I found in our Home. I mistakenly thought that squash and pumpkins are the same since they both round. I believed then that they only have different color and physical features because pumpkins are normally found in western country which I referred as "steytsayd". Anyway, I then found out that they are different in texture since pumpkin is much thinner that squash which made the first easy to cut and design. So, I end up slicing the squash for our next viand.

Since then, making a Jack-O-Lantern became one of my greatest master piece frustrations.

No comments: