Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Update...



My journal wasn't been updated for a couple of weeks. Like eating, I think I slowly loosing my appetite.. hahaha.

Anyway, I been quite busy in two months now, taekwondo training and competition, Sony Ericson WTA tournament and Marathon.

February 6 and 7 dated my first Tae Kwon Do tournament. Two weeks prior to the date, I been very busy training for 3 hours, 3 days a week. It combines my preparation for the competition and for my marathon a night before the BIG day. Its really a rush training since the students were been away for End of Year holiday.

__

9pm, February 6. My first night marathon in Putrajaya, Malaysia. My 2nd marathon to date. Together with my friend, Shai, I join the 7.7km fun run. It was a sweet experience but not sweeter than my first run. I was holding back to run fast since I'm worrying about my leg calf and muscles to contract. If it happens, my taekwondo tournament the next day will be doomed. I finished the race at 9:42pm... yeah 42 minutes after the starting time.. Well, I really thought I might get a medal that time.. but still I got none. Since we have nothing to do after the race, We decided to walk going home and took some pictures in Putrajaya's beautiful lover's bridge :D

__
7am, February 7. the Big day. I received an early sms from our group president, Eddy, requesting us to be in the competition place at 7:15. I did not inform him about my activity the other night, so he is expecting me and the rest of the team to be physically fit in that morning. He calls an early meeting for a run-through of the event. Since MMU is the organizer of the competition, We, the demo team are set to perform. I came late.. I wasn't able to join in the run-through. He says its okay. hehehe.

My fight was set to start at 9am, but the program proper started at 10. In my mind I thought, "bruises will be all around my body before We perform". I watched some fights, between the lower category, to observed and see how they move and play the game. Some of them didn't use the whole place to move and chase their opponent. No solid kicks and their stamina are very low. They are panting too much on the first half of the game.

My two teammates won their first match by a no-show opponent. I was next, the butterflies on my stomach started to bother me. I was nervous. I saw my opponent and it add ups the bad thoughts I'm feeling that day. Eddy is in my back telling me what to do if he thinks theres an open spot and possible points which I follow. It was a great match, a great experience and I can't wait to be part of the next tournament. I got a bronze :D

__


2pm, February 28. Sony Ericson WTA Kuala Lumpur Open. After attending the mass at the City, Shai and I went to Bukit Kiara Equestrian and Country Resort to watch the final match of the first WTA in KL. I was excited to see one of my favorite players, Elena Dementieva, who I called "Mommy". She is soooo pretty. I still love her though she didn't win. She is good but her opponent, Alisa Kleybanova is superb. Her ball placements are excellent that Elena can't break her serve or even save her own service game.

No comments: